NGO Promoting Seva takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with the NGO Promoting Seva as highly confidential. In addition, NGO Promoting Seva does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our members.
We deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with NGO Promoting Seva, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address ONLY for the purposes of accepting membership to NGO Promoting Seva.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organisations.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal information stored in NGO Promoting Seva database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
What information we collect
We use personal information collected from members for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with members about NGO Promoting Seva as well as conducting the other operations of NGO Promoting Seva. This information may include name, amount paid for membership, address, telephone number, comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us (“MembersData”).
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow members to give electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should consult their privacy policies to determine their practices.
To provide members the best possible experience, we work with service providers and may share members Data and other information with, or have it transmitted through, them. Such service providers include, for example, collocation facilities and bandwidth providers as well as organisations that help non-profit organizations with fundraising.
We are committed to protecting donor personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Among other things, we undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases.
We may disclose information when required by law; when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users; and when necessary to enforce our terms of service.
We seek to retain donor-related information only as needed to fulfil the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations. For example, tax laws in the India may require us to keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon request, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any incorrect information. We will also make reasonable efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so, unless we are otherwise required to keep it.